|Step 1: Boil Water|
- Make sure there is a minimum of
7 parts water to 1 part tapioca.
|Step 2: Pour tapioca into boiling water|
- When water achieves a rolling boil
pour in the tapioca pearls.
|Step 3: Stir lightly|
- Stir the tapioca lightly so that it doesn't
stick to the bottom.
|Step 4: Let the tapioca float to the top|
- Let the tapioca pearls float to the top.
|Step 5: Cook for 15 minutes on high heat with cover on|
- When the tapioca floats, cover the pot.
- Maintain a rolling boil and stir every 5 minutes.
|Step 6: Steep the cooked tapioca for 15 minutes|
- After cooking for 15 minutes, take the pot
off the heat and let sit for 15 minutes covered.
|Step 7: Drain the water from the cooked tapioca|
- Run lukewarm or cold water over the pearls and drain the water from them.
|Step 8: Cover in sugar syrup|
- Pour tapioca into a container and cover in
sugar syrup or brown sugar.
- Cover the container.
- Serve when ready.